Monday, March 29, 2010

Oatmeal Cookies

Is there some unwritten law among neighbors that if you borrow an egg, cup of flour, or even a bit of sugar, you are entitled to a portion of the baked good? If sabatoge had a face it would look like a cute young mom with her little boy who shows up on your doorstep Sunday afternoon with a bag full of cookies, chocolate chip OATmeal cookies. It wasn't their fault, I haven't made the sign for my forehead that says "societal recluse", or "sugar allergy", or simply just "crazy person who started a sugar blog". Any one would do to scare off those darn neighbors who think about sharing their sweets with me. Don't they know they are adding salt to my gaping wound?
No worries, I convinced myself that they couldn't possibly taste as good as they smelled, just before I cried.

No comments: