Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I knew it was coming. The headache. I'm not making it up. It's not the kind of headache you get at night sometimes when your husband wants to hug (or more) and you have just eaten that night-time bowl of cereal because you were busy keeping the baby from throwing food across the room, or focused on making sure the others are eating their veggies, or any food for that matter. Don't get me wrong familydinner time is beautiful and essential, but noone ever said it wouldn't give you indigestion. So back to the headache, it was bad. According to 'sciencedaily.com' (May 4, 2009) — Ever miss your daily cup of coffee and subsequently get a pounding headache? According to reports from consumers of coffee and other caffeinated products, caffeine withdrawal is often characterized by a headache, fatigue, feeling less alert, less energetic and experiencing difficulty concentrating. -

I rarely get headaches (don't tell). I don't drink coffee, never have. I don't even drink caffeine. But could sugar really have the same withdrawal effects as coffee and caffeine?

And also, wisegeek.com (sounds like a reliable source) said "However, even cutting out some of these things (refined sugars) is likely to result in less dependence on sugar sugar sugar, and possibly less “addiction” to sugar sugar sugar."
I'm not sure why they said it three times, maybe they are addicted to sugar like me, maybe they too stutter at the thought of it, drooling aside. Maybe I'm not the only one who is a sugarholic. Not for long.....no more night time sugared cereals for me. You're welcome dear.

No comments: